We all suffer from it… lack of sleep, exhaustion, the itis… whatever you want to call it; it downright STINKS. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that there have been times where I’ve felt like I can’t possibly keep going, I can’t possibly finish my homework tonight, and I can’t possibly wake up for work this morning.
Here are a few tips that’ll help keep you on your toes… allowing for you to keep going, finish your homework tonight, AND make it to work this morning!
- Exercise. I know, this isn’t a blog about exercise — but the healthier you are, the better you’ll be able to perform in school, at work, etc. Work in at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity every day or two… you’ll feel a difference.
- Eat better! It’s so easy to order a pizza or microwave a frozen dinner after a long day of work and schoolwork and family. I get it. But, it’s just as easy to toss a few chicken breasts in the crock pot in the morning, or throw together a salad instead. Again, you’ll feel the difference and your brain and body will thank you!
- Don’t multitask. When you’re working on school work, work on school work. Easier said than done, I’m aware. But the more focused you are on the task at hand, the more efficiently, thoroughly and quickly you’ll be able to get it done.
- Rinse and repeat. Okay, so maybe don’t rinse, but it’s a good idea to review the last thing you learned when you sit down to study and move forward. Nothing like a good memory jog!
- Get those 8 hours. Or as close as you can. You can’t expect your body and mind to work with you if you’re not giving it what it needs: rest!
What other tips do you put into practice to keep yourself in tip top shape?
By N. Cooper