The 10-member Public Safety Outreach Team at AMU, all accomplished, former or current law enforcement, emergency management and security managers, is actively tracking increased security measures that are being implemented by major U.S. cities following the successful U.S. military operation that resulted in the killing of Osama bin Laden.
Some of the latest activities as of 1100 hours on May 3:
- Philadelphia P.D. is conducting hourly checks of mosques and synagogues
- Washington, DC’s U.S. Capitol Police have increased foot patrols and strategic placement of uniformed and plainclothes personnel
- LAPD has made public statements reaffirming its partnership with local Muslim communities toward increased vigilance in reporting suspicious activities or behaviors
- New York and New Jersey Port Authority Police have increased police presence at all of its facilities, including the Ground Zero site
- Chicago PD has increased uniform presence in and around the Chicago Loop, at O’Hare International Airport and at CTA train stations. Their Office of Emergency Management has increased surveillance of the city’s network of cameras.
- Seattle PD has increased uniform presence at Sea-Tac Airport
Check back for more updates on increased security measures in major U.S. cities….